This year First Church is celebrating it’s 62nd anniversary of ministry. From humble beginnings the congregation has become deeply rooted in the Strongsville community, and remains dedicated to serving Cleveland’s southwest suburbs.
We began in 1956 as a mission congregation, worshiping in the old Strongsville High School auditorium and Muraski Elementary School. Six years later we dedicated our first building on the current site.
As the Strongsville community transformed from a rural town into a bustling suburb, the congregation experienced phenomenal growth. That growth brought two significant building projects, including a larger sanctuary, installation of a pipe organ, expanded classrooms, and a multi-purpose fellowship hall. With a growing membership we increased our staff to include two pastors, a music director, organist, praise band director, controller, and office manager.
With an understanding that worship is at the center of our life together, service formats have evolved so that we currently offer both traditional and contemporary services each Sunday morning. It’s important to us that we offer a variety of worship experiences to meet the needs of a diverse culture.
In some ways First Church reflects the transient nature of the Strongsville community. We are always seeing fresh faces in worship, and embrace the opportunity to welcome newcomers into our family.
Our history continues to evolve as God places before us opportunities to learn, serve, and deepen our faith. Perhaps some piece of our history will include you. Come and see what God is doing!